Information Technology Administrator
Make the switch to the growing Information Technology (IT) field. Our learning approach includes hands-on training, small class sizes, and practical projects. You take one course at a time in logical order to ensure that you succeed in your educational goals.
Depending on which courses you choose in the program, our Information Technology Administrator program qualifies you for a wide range of careers, including: PC Support Technician, Desktop Administrator, Windows 10 Administrator, Windows Server Administrator, Active Directory Administrator, Project Manager, Network Administrator, Cisco Administrator, Linux Administrator, Security Specialist, SQL Database Administrator, Email Server Administrator, Exchange Server Administrator, Wireless LAN Administrator, Cybersecurity Analyst, Cybersecurity Administrator and Penetration Tester.
Employers Who Have Hired triOS Grads
- Rogers Communications
- Acer America Corporation
- Compugen Spectra Energy Satellite
- Bell Canada
- Ricoh Canada Inc.
- Wilfred Laurier University
- University of Waterloo
- Hewlett-Packard Co.
- Tech Alliance
*Employment Rate based on 2019 contactable triOS graduates employed in a related field.
NOC Code: 2171, 2172, 2281 - **Wage data based on NOC Code 2171 and rounded down to the nearest dollar. Local (or regional) income may vary. Last updated in May, 2021.
Did you know that information technology is one of the fastest growing fields in the technology industry? To meet the growing demand of employers, triOS has developed an Information Technology Administrator program to give students a kickstart in the field.
The Information Technology Administrator program enables you to become qualified to implement and maintain computer systems, mobile devices, databases and more. In addition to Desktop and Network administration, students will receive training and gain experience in Windows Server, Database, Email, Mobile, Wireless, Linux and Security administration (depending on the courses chosen).
Students enrolled in this program will receive:
- 8-week internship for hands-on experience.
- Certification exam vouchers including designations from Microsoft, CompTIA, and Cisco.
- Microsoft Azure for Education is included in the tuition fee, which includes access to versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server, as well as Office 365.
Students who successfully complete this program will be eligible to write certification exams leading to the following (depending on the courses chosen):
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Project+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+, CompTIA Linux+, Microsoft MDAA and Cisco CCNA designations.
- Together, many of our courses also cover material tested on the CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Cloud+, and CompTIA PenTest+ certifications.
- Students are provided with certification exam vouchers to write the certifications they wish to pursue.
Installing & Configuring Windows Server
Windows Server Administration
Configuring Advanced Windows Server Services
Career Planning & Preparation - Level 1
Career Planning & Preparation - Level 2
Database & SQL Fundamentals
Network & Cisco Technologies
SQL Server Administration
SQL Server Administration
SQL Server Design
Technology Management for IT Professionals
Windows 10 Administration
Windows PowerShell Scripting
– High school graduation diploma, or Mature Student Status (for more information please refer to the Program Outline at the top of this page or speak to your Education Consultant)
It was a wonderful experience. I am confident I can tackle any challenges coming my way. Thank you triOS!