Mobile Web Developer
Challenge your potential with a rewarding career in mobile and web development. Enroll today in this 82-week diploma program to obtain the knowledge and skills required to succeed in this dynamic industry.
About The Program
Learn to develop applications that run on mobile and web platforms. You will take courses in Web Development Fundamentals, Design & Development Fundamentals, Mobile Development, and Web Development. This Mobile Web Developer program comes with a 16-week internship to give you real-world, hands-on experience and make yourself job-ready by the time you graduate.
As a Mobile Web Developer graduate, you will qualify for the following positions:
- Web Programmer/Developer
- Application Programmer/Developer
- Internet Site Designer
- Software Programmer/Developer
- Mobile Programmer/Developer
- Database Programmer/Developer
- iPhone Programmer/Developer
- Android Programmer/Developer
- Window Phone Programmer/Developer
Employers Who Have Hired triOS Grads
- Ad Films
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc.
- Cyberteks Design
- Department of National Defence – Atlantic
- FPM3 Marketing
- National Research Council
- Philip & Henry Productions
- Stream International Canada LNC
- TNP Group
- Tech Alliance
*Employment Rate based on 2021 contactable triOS graduates employed in a related field within 12 months.
NOC Code: 2173/21231, 2174/21232 & 2175/21234 - **Wage data rounded down to the nearest dollar. Average wage doesn't reflect the starting salary but represents the middle value between lowest to highest wages. Local (or regional) income may vary. Last updated in Jan 2024.
Do you want to kick-start your new career in the high-demand technology sector? Are you interested in computer- and web-based application development? If so, then triOS College’s Mobile Web Developer program can take your career to the next level.
This program focuses on the two areas of software development that provide the most number of junior and intermediate developer jobs — mobile development and web development. With a hands-on approach, you’ll acquire the industry-grade logic and problem-solving skills needed to master software development. You’ll be exposed to a full suite of development technologies and topics such as design, front-end and back-end web development, Android mobile development, and iOS mobile development.
When you enroll in this program, you will receive:
- a registered and approved diploma
- 4 exam vouchers to write the certifications you wish to pursue*
- practice tests (where applicable)
- career services
- job search assistance
- alumni program benefits
Below is a list of core technologies, tools, and methodologies that you’ll work with in this program:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD)
- Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, and Apple Xcode
- HTML and CSS
- Fedora and Ubuntu Linux
- Git and GitHub
- Agile, Scrum, and Kanban practices
- PHP, MySQL, and XAMPP
- Java, Kotlin (Android), and Swift (iOS)
*The courses in the program relate to 4 industry certification exams leading to the following designations, which are frequently used as a benchmark for hiring:
- Adobe Photoshop ACA
- Adobe Illustrator ACA
- Oracle Java Associate
- Google Associate Android Developer
HTML and CSS
Linux Web Hosting and Wordpress
Mobile Web Developer Internship
PHP and MySQL
Student Success Strategies
Version Control and Collaboration
- have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- be at least 18 years old when or before the program begins AND pass a qualifying test* that has been approved by the Superintendent. (The approved qualifying test for this program is the Wonderlic test with a passing score of 20.)
* If you’re applying from other Canadian provinces, you must:
- be at least 19 years old,
- be out of high school for at least 1 year when the program starts, and
- successfully pass an academic achievement test.
Please contact us for more details regarding admissions requirements if you are an international student.