Law & Security Officer
Explore a career in the legal field through a versatile diploma program.
About The Program
The Law and Security Officer program offers optional firearm safety training as well as training to help obtain a security license under the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005 (PSISA).
As a Law & Security Officer program graduate, you will qualify for positions such as: Security Guard, Armored Car Guard, Bodyguard, Bouncer, Commissionaire, Night Watchman/Woman, and Preboarding Security Guard.
Note that some career options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience.
Employers Who Have Hired triOS Grads
- Purple Hearts Security
- Warren Protective Services Limited
- Pearson International Airport
- William Osler Health Centre
*Employment Rate based on 2018 contactable triOS graduates employed in a related field.
NOC Code: 6541 - **Wage data rounded down to the nearest dollar. Local (or regional) income may vary. Last updated on Dec. 15, 2019.
Are you interested in helping keep peace in society? If you’re keen on maintaining order and enforcing regulations at public events and within establishments, then the Law & Security Officer program is what you need to kick start your new career.
You will learn about the Canadian Justice System, community policing, private security patrol procedures, policing practices and theories, and CPR and First Aid; you will be equipped with all the necessary skills you need to succeed in the field of your choice.
Students enrolled in the program receive:
- Classes led by retired police officers.
- Microsoft Office and Windows are included in the tuition fees.
– High school graduation diploma, or Mature Student Status (for more information please refer to the Program Overview at the top of this page or speak to your Education Consultant)
– Clear CPIC Check including a Vulnerable Persons Police Check
– Demonstrated fluency in English (oral and written)
– Passing score on the Entrance Assessment
This is a great school with the best teachers and staff. Learned a lot and they get you job ready for the future!