Please join us for Personal Support Workers – Vital Role in HealthCare Event.
Here’s a quick look at what you’ll learn:
- The valuable role of Personal Support Workers in the healthcare industry
- The increased demand for Personal Support Workers in long term care
- Hiring/employment trends in this sector and our job assistance commitment
- An in-depth Q &A session with our experts
Special Guest Speakers
- Irena Dounets – Executive Director, St. Demetrius (Ukrainian Catholic) Development Corporation
Professional with more than 10 years of experience in the Long Term Care Industry; currently Irena is the Executive Director at St. Demetrius Development Corporation (Ukrainian Canadian Centre), an institution where she has been working for the last 8 years, previous as a Manager of Programs and Volunteer Services, her professional experience includes similar positions in other institutions such us: Wellesley Central Place and Revera, Irena has an education background in Psychology, Sociology, Recreation Therapist, Management and Leadership.
- Divya Kuruvila – Faculty of Healthcare, triOS College
Divya Kuruvila is a Registered Nurse, working at the Scarborough Campus as a Personal Support Worker (PSW) Instructor. Divya has experience in various hospitals and departments such as Geriatrics, Rehab, Medical-Surgical, Labor and Delivery, and Post-partum. Divya strongly believes, practices, and trains students to practice with respect, compassion, care, dignity, empathy, excellent communication skills. She also trains the students to achieve practical skills and knowledge to become successful, competent Personal Support Workers.
Register now for this free virtual event.
Stay safe. Stay well. Stay learning!
Date & Time
September 9, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm