Technical Support Specialist
Technology - Full-time - Job
Campus Support Centre - Mississauga
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for resolving customer concerns and making sure that customers are being served effectively. This involves understanding our XCAS product offering from a user / system-administration perspective, clarify the request with the customer (if needed) and ultimately resolve customer issues through LCS support workflows.
Successful candidates must have strong analytical skills and be creative problem solvers. Above all, they are excellent communicators and are comfortable discussing technical issues with clients whose technical expertise may vary. They must have on obsession for getting customer issues and queries resolved within our SLAs and push for maximum client satisfaction.
The Technical Support Specialist will support the vision, mission, and values of triOS College and Lifecycle Systems while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Effectively prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve client issues.
- Resolve issues received by phone, chat, and service desk portal under tight time constraints.
- Timely and accurate logging of all support cases.
- Building rapport with clients.
- Quickly identify incident trends/patterns and recommend steps to mitigate impact.
- Troubleshoot issues using a variety of tools including using T-SQL queries.
- Clearly communicate technical resolution details to varying stakeholders.
- Help provide software QA for the development team for new features and regular bug fixes.
- Help to develop and deliver knowledge articles.
- Align client’s needs, goals, and objectives to existing XCAS solutions.
- Analyze data and prepare reports for weekly service desk KPIs.
- Assist with additional tasks as delegated by Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with T-SQL (MS SQL Server) to analyze data and modify (Insert / Update) data.
- Deep understanding of software systems, especially SaaS business applications.
- Knowledge of web applications and how they work at a high level (web servers, database servers, client-to-server communication).
- Knowledge of SaaS ERP and CRM systems as a user, administrator, and/or support perspective.
- Knowledge of Cloud Solutions, including AWSS and VM environments.
- Industry Help Desk solution (example: SalesForce, ServiceNow, or other CRM solutions).
- Understanding of concepts of enterprise software development such as: scalability, security, and performance (especially in areas of troubleshooting and problem analysis).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related fields.
- 1 year of customer service experience.
- Experience working in the Higher Education Industry.
- Working experience in a support role within a multi-tier support organization.
- Experience working with Systems Monitoring, including application and database performance monitoring.
- A desktop or laptop with a webcam, microphone and speakers with a strong internet connection are required.
Hours of Work:
This position is a full-time position. The hours will be from 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
This position will operate out of our Campus Support Centre, located in Mississauga, ON.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lifecycle Systems Corporation (LCS) is a startup SaaS development company that was spun out from a large private education group. Its software platform, called XCAS has been developed and evolved over 15 years to run X (read any#) of College Administration Systems. The target market is private and public Colleges in the U.S., both for-profit and non-for-profit. XCAS runs the entire college from CMS, CRM, SIS, BI, document and file management, job placement and much more. This is a full-time position based in Mississauga, Ontario.
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.