Supply Chain Management Instructor
Supply Chain Management - Part-time - Instructor
Availability: August 2020
The primary purpose of the instructor position is to plan, organize and deliver curricula to international students in an instructor led environment. The Supply Chain Management Instructor will be responsible to teach and facilitate courses to classes of international students in the Supply Chain Management post-graduate certificate program. The instructor will evaluate student performance relating to the curricula using a variety of assessments. The instructor will assist with activities to support student success, including student internship and job placement, industry liaison and administrative functions where required.
The Supply Chain Management Instructor will support the vision, mission, and values of triOS College while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion
The Instructor will be responsible for:
- Preparing lecture and class materials as required.
- Sharing best practices, lesson plans and materials with other faculty.
- Developing and/or utilizing a variety of instructional strategies, techniques and delivery methods designed to meet the individual learning styles of students.
- Instructing assigned courses in accordance with course competencies.
- Effectively using the Learning Management System (LMS), D2L Brightspace, to access course content.
Courses taught include:
- SCM101 Intro to Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- SCM102 Analysis of Supply Market & Suppliers
- SCM103 Supply Chain Distribution Fulfillment
- SCM104 Logistics Operating Methods & Systems
- SCM105 Tech & Comp Apps in Supply Chain Management
- SCM201 Global Supply Chain Management
- SCM202 Communicating in Supply Chain Management
- SCM203 Advanced Logistics & Transportation Management
- SCM204 Customs, Compliance and Security
- SCM205 Employment & Career Preparedness
- SCM206 Total Quality Management
- University degree in a related field (Business, Accounting, Commerce, etc.) is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Supply Chain and Logistics role is required.
- A Masters in a related field is preferred.
- Supply Chain Professional Certification is considered an asset.
- A degree or diploma in adult education is considered an asset.
- Understanding of Adult Learning Principles is preferred.
- Teaching experience is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using MS Project software.
- Knowledge of D2L Brightspace or another Learning Management System is considered an asset.
Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Hours of work will be either:
- Monday to Wednesday 8am-1pm (+ Thursdays 8am-1pm for 4 weeks from November 26th to December 17th)
- Monday to Wednesday 1:30pm-6:30pm (+ Thursdays 1:30pm-6:30pm for 4 weeks from November 26th to December 17th)
The scheduled start for this opportunity is August 2020.
The location of our Toronto Southwest campus is at Bloor/Dundas.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.