Technology - Full-time - Job
Campus Support Centre - Mississauga
As a Software Developer you will be required to develop new and enhance existing codebases. The role will primarily undertake full-stack software development where you will be actively working on large existing codebases plus participate in design and development for new features and modules related to various development projects within the XCAS ecosystem. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. Not only do you enjoy learning new technologies, but also working with other developers and contributing actively to teams through healthy discussions, code commits and regular work status updates through Jira or other collaboration tools.
The Software Developer will support the vision, mission, and values of triOS College and Lifecycle Systems while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Develop and maintain web applications and websites using C# / .NET, SQL and Angular.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Develop and support software through new functionality enhancement, bug fixes and integrating with 3rd party software solutions through APIs.
- Regularly develop and support ETL processes, database enhancements, database maintenance, and data reporting activities.
- Provide support by analyzing and resolving any critical issues reported through LCS Service Desk.
- Participate and actively contribute through team scrum meetings, peer code reviews, supporting other develops and supporting various other development activities.
- Contribute towards developer documentation and help document functionality through active contribution towards knowledge base articles.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of related technology advancements and enhancements.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledgeable in database design, development, performance optimization and data ETL.
- Adept at communicating through chat tools such as Teams / Zoom, scheduling meetings, communicating through effective emails and collaborating through project management tools such as Jira.
- Familiar with code hosting and DevOps through cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, GCP, and others.
- Adept at working with revision control systems such as Git (preferred), SVN, Mercurial, or others.
- Excellent Software Prototyping Skills and knowledge of tools like Adobe XD.
- Understanding of SDLC and the impacts of Design and Prototyping towards the development lifecycle.
- Experience at designing, developing and consuming RESTful WEB API’s.
- Experienced at complexity analysis through strong algorithmic and data structure implementations.
- Ability to work with clients, employees, contractors and end-users at various skill levels.
- Strong self-management skills.
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable.
- Ability to work with Senior Leadership to gather requirements and present design prototypes to create crystal-clear development requirements for the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related fields.
- 2+ years of full-stack software development experience.
- A desktop or laptop with a webcam, microphone and speakers with a strong internet connection are required.
Hours of Work:
This position is a full-time position. The hours will be from 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
This position will operate out of our Campus Support Centre, located in Mississauga, ON.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Lifecycle Systems Corporation (LCS) is a startup SaaS development company that was spun out from a large private education group. Its software platform, called XCAS has been developed and evolved over 15 years to run X (read any#) of College Administration Systems. The target market is private and public Colleges in the U.S., both for-profit and non-for-profit. XCAS runs the entire college from CMS, CRM, SIS, BI, document and file management, job placement and much more. This is a full-time position based in Mississauga, Ontario.
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.