Computer Programming Instructor/Program Coordinator
Computer Programming - Full-time - Instructor
The primary purpose of the Instructor position is to plan, organize and deliver curricula to students in an instructor led environment, both online and in class. The Instructor will be responsible to teach and facilitate courses to classes of students in the Computer Programmer diploma program. The instructor will evaluate student performance relating to the curricula using a variety of assessments. The instructor will assist with activities to support student success, including student internship and job placement, industry liaison and administrative functions when required.
The Program Coordinator portion of the role involves ensuring effective educational delivery by all instructors teaching the program, through training and support for all faculty and ensuring that curriculum and course materials are effective and current. In this role, approximately half the time will be spent teaching, and half the time will be spent on program coordination and curriculum development.
The Instructor/Program Coordinator will support the vision, mission, and values of triOS College while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Prepare daily lesson plans.
- Ensure that class delivery is optimized for the specific course delivery method: online or in class.
- Prepare lecture/lab and class materials as required.
- Create, update and maintain instructor guides.
- Train and support new instructors teaching the program.
- Take a lead role in curriculum development for courses within the program.
- University degree in a related field (Programming, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) is required.
- Five (5) years of related work experience in a programming environment is required.
- A degree or diploma in adult education is considered an asset.
- Understanding of Adult Learning Principles is preferred.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Teaching experience in an online environment is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Knowledge of D2L Brightspace or another learning management system is considered an asset.
- Understanding of database design and implementation, client server systems, mobile applications, systems analysis and design, and web-based systems.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work for this position will be 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will be required to work from home, but may have to commute to the Toronto Southwest Campus in Toronto, Ontario when needed.
The start date for this position is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.